Thursday, August 3, 2017

Life/Training Update

Sometimes life happens and you have to take a step back, even if you don’t want to and fight it tooth and nail.

There has had a lot of things happen since my last post. It has taken me a while to gather my thoughts and realize that sometimes moving ahead means postponing or giving up some things . And as a parent we have to do what is best for the family.


My last training update, I was still going strong. I was 13 weeks into my Hawk 100 50 Mile Training. I was training solo for a few weeks as Amber was sidelined with what her doctor thinks is a torn meniscus. They have yet to be able to fit her in for a MRI to see to what extent it is torn.

Then after 13 years of being a Work/Stay at Home Mom, I had to enter the corporate world. Between 12 hour shifts, working on some Saturdays, and training/sleeping; I hardly saw my family. I felt like I was missing out on a lot. After years of college and being consumed with my business, I felt like I was not physically present with my family like I wanted to be.

The decision to not run the Hawk 100 was extremely difficult. But I am not giving up on the 50 mile. I will revisit it again next year. I just felt like I had a lot of changes going on and I needed to step back and take a breather.

Since going back to work, I have also had to hand over my Moms Run This Town group to another lady after almost three years. Man, do I miss those ladies. And I have had to step away from my business. In a way, I am still a bit overwhelmed, but it will all work out in the end. You do what you have to do when it comes to family.

But, I am still running when I can and some good has came from all these changes. I have been running more with my son on some of my days off to get him ready for Cross Country when school starts. Also, my husband and I just started training for his third half marathon and first trail race. I am excited and hope to get him hooked on trails as I am. And once school starts, I will have more time to run longer on my days off. 


My family has started a new chapter in our life. Right now it is all about finding balance. A lot of things are still up in the air and I hope to have some definite answers soon. 

What about you? Are you going through some big life changes right now?

-         
       - Michelle

2 comments:

  1. I understand what it's like to have to step back for family and life needs. Do what you need to do, the internet isn't going anywhere. Blog when you can and train when you can. Try not to stress out, you got this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ivanna! I appreciate your support over the years!

      Delete