Sunday, July 2, 2017

4 Quick and Easy Salad Ideas

Dinner time! Salads are so versatile and can easily be turned into a meal. 

Add in some blueberries, avocado, bacon, and carrots to your spinach or other greens of your choice and Voila! I love my salads to be tasty and full of goodness as shown below. And because there are so many variations, none of my salads are the same. 


I love salads because they are so easy to make and taste good. Salads don't have to be boring. An easy and quick side dish and a staple in my family on hot summer days is mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, EVOO, salt, and cracked pepper. It pairs well with grilled chicken or any meat of your choice. 


Another thing you can do is to replace the cucumbers with avocados for a healthy fat. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture for the next salad because it was gobbled up and I forgot to take a picture. So I have in it's place, the recipe. I am pretty sure you can get an idea of all of the the ingredients in the other salads posted. 

Avocado and Tomato Mozzarella Salad

2 avocados (cubed)
2 - 3 tomatoes (cubed)
1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese (cubed)
2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp. basil
salt & pepper

Mix and enjoy. Chill for 30 minutes or so if you want the flavors to blend more.

The best thing about salads is that they don't require lots of prep or even the oven if you choose not to turn it on. We love using spinach in place of the lettuce because it contains more nutritional value than ice burg lettuce. We also don't typically use argula or kale in our salads, but that is just a personal preference. 

Some of our salads are more interesting and creative such as this salad.


It is simply spinach topped with grilled and shredded chicken with couscous. Then I drizzled EVOO on top and used a little bit of sea salt and cracked pepper. It doesn't look as pretty but it sure tasted good.

What about you? Are you a salad fan? If so, what is your favorite salad to eat?

- Michelle 

2 comments:

  1. Yum these look really delicious. I am really into salads at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Salads are my go to in the Summer. They have everything you need.

      Delete