Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Cocoa Dusted Nuts and 2 Workouts

This is the time of year that Planters Peanuts like to start selling their "festive" blend of nuts such as the Cocoa Dusted Nuts. I am a big fan of nuts all year long, but especially this time of year. I like to have a healthier option to snack on while the Christmas meal is baking, otherwise I will be snacking on cookies and other sugary treats. 


Cocoa Dusted Nuts

2 cups whole, raw almonds
¼ cup agave nectar
1 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
Pinch salt (optional)
Small handful of unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat agave in a small saucepan. Add almonds and stir to coat. Spoon into a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 10 minutes stirring almonds at least once to prevent burning. Cool for a few minutes. Put the cocoa and cinnamon into a brown paper sack. Add nuts and shake to evenly coat. Store in an air tight container. Yields 16 ¼ cup servings. 


As I  mentioned on social media, I absolutely love challenges this time of year. When the weather turns cold and miserable, and it gets gloomy outside; motivation is at it's lowest. Challenges are great for accountability and support. It is important during the Winter months to keep taking care of your self to keep seasonal depression away and to strengthen our immune systems when they seem to be the most susceptible. 

I dusted off a challenge I used in my Health Coaching practice last year to use for my Moms Run This Town Group (MRTT). Its a fun workout and by the time you are on day 12, you can get in a good workout. 


Here is another fun ab workout that I created last year! 


The best part about these workouts are that they can be done in the comfort of your own home with your own body weight (no dumbbells required). I love these types of workouts since they are both quick and effective!

 Don't forget to take care of your health this time of year. Wishing you all a healthy holiday!

Michelle

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm these look delicious. I love almonds. Great workouts also I'm pinning these for later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They also make your house smell so amazing when they are roasting! The workouts are great because they are so easy to do.

      Delete
  2. Yum yum. Cocoa dusted almond's are my fave.

    ReplyDelete