Friday, October 7, 2016

Friday Five, #Awarewith Pink

Fit Approach and Aftershocks have teamed up to help spread awareness around breast cancer for breast Cancer Awareness Month. Here are my Friday Five things that encourage my self awareness and empowerment as a mom, wife, and health coach!


1. Tunes that inspire! I actually don't have a favorite pump up song to listen to while I get my sweat on and to keep me motivated. It varies with the day and mood. But I do love to listen to "Champion" by Beckah Shae when I feel like giving up!
 
My headphones are on the ritz and the long cord is a pain to tuck in when I run. I would love to have a pair of Aftershokz new PINK headphones and stay #AwareWithPink while I sweat! Afterall, I  don't want any distractions to deter me from working out or putting in the full effort.

2. Give back!? Throughout #BCA month I will strive to empower myself and the ladies in my Moms Run This Town Group and my Health Coaching practice to exercise, take care of their health, and practice self care on a regular basis. 

3. Be a self care advocate: Through my health coaching practice, running/walking group, and social media, I try to remember to encourage people to make their mental, emotional, nutritional, and physical health a priority. I also want mothers to know that it is not selfish to carve out some time to take care of themselves. When we take care of ourselves, we have more energy and health to take care of those around us and to continue to be Super Women!

Clearly these shoes have seen a lot of miles and trails!
4. Inspiring threads! I am a big fan of motivational running jewelry by Momentum Jewelry. When I look down at my shoe on long runs or during hard workouts I am reminded to stay strong and not give up. My momentum wraps encourage me to continue to strive to inspire and encourage others where ever they are in their health and wellness journey.


5. Friends who inspire! I am very fortunate to have several people who inspire me. My running/walking group is great accountability on days I would rather go back to sleep. My running buddy Amber helps keep me inspired during my 50K training! I seriously do not know if I would have started this journey on my own, and of course, my husband inspires me on a daily basis to take care of myself. He lifts me up when I am discouraged, supports all of my crazy endeavors, and I truly could not have a better running partner than him!

These are my Friday Five, what are yours? Don't forget, we can't function properly and continue to be the awesome moms, sisters, daughters, wives, and employees if we don not take care of our health! I also want to encourage you to schedule your breast exam if you have not already done so and to  regularly do your own examination at home as well.
 
Stay healthy friends!

Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by AfterShokz in an effort to spread awareness about their new Pink Trekz headphones, in partnership with Bright Pink to support and spread awareness around breast cancer awareness. All opinions and words are my own. I truly appreciate all of the brands the support the Sweat Pink community.

No comments:

Post a Comment