Thursday, April 28, 2016

Crispy "Lightened Up" Chicken Strips

Fried chicken dipped in ranch, or ketchup (organic and high fructose free brands are now being sold at many grocery stores such as Aldi and Wal-Mart), or smothered in honey is an American comfort food. My family loves to eat fried chicken, but we ate it in moderation, until I started making it a special way. Now I saveur every crispy bite of my healthy "fried" chicken more often.  It's so good, I do not need any dipping sauce. Kids and tummies are happy and full!

For my recipe, I used 2.5 pounds but you can easily tailor this to using only a pound of chicken. Just don't go light on the cornflakes, they are what make them extra crunchy. I used a lot of cornflakes for this recipe.

Sweet potato fries make this a great pair!

6-7 cups Corn flake crumbs
3 eggs
2.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut up into stripes
1 teaspoon Louisiana Hot Sauce
Pepper to taste
Garlic salt to taste

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Mix together the corn flake crumbs, pepper, and garlic salt. Mix together the eggs and hot sauce. Dip each strip into the egg mistake and then dip into the corn flake coating. Coat each piece well for extra crunchiness. Place the strips onto the cookie sheet and cook for 20-22 minutes. Enjoy the crispy goodness!

I hope that your family will become a big fan too! I mean, doesn't this look so yummy!
 
 
 
Do you have a comfort food that you want to see lightened up? Comment below and you may see it in a blog post.
 
Over on the website, I am giving away a free e-guide: 10 Steps to a Leaner, Healthier You.
Whether your goals include weight loss, feeling more energetic or reducing stress, you’ll find some great tips in this guide that you can start using TODAY.
 
Let me know what you think! - Michelle



2 comments: