Thursday, October 2, 2014

October Focus


I can't believe it is October all ready! September flew by! September was about finishing so many challenges and goals. I finally completed the 500 Miles in 180 Days Challenge with a total of 535.75 miles. I  ran my third half marathon of the year. I even started a Moms Run This Town (MRTT) local chapter. So far I have had 19 ladies who have joined my group on Facebook but only 4 ladies who have been consistently showing up. I also just finished a 8 week online class called Thrive, which deals with how to be successful and thrive in all areas of your life.


I am looking forward to what this month has to offer. Here are a few things I am focusing on this month. I am getting back to just enjoying running. My husband and I are going to try to run a 10K trail run in November, which I should probably be training for; but right now I am content with getting back to enjoying my runs. Training is great at pushing your self both physically and mentally, but I believe that breaks are great for your morale. I am also focusing on spending more quality time with my family.


I am also looking at trying to grow my MRTT group. This week I will be putting up more flyers in hopes of reaching more ladies. Today I was able to pass out flyers and talk about my running group at a local MOPS group.

I am also working on not saying YES to everything. The last couple of months have been crammed packed, and overwhelming. For the sake of my health and family, I have been scaling back activities and saying NO more. That doesn't mean the kids can't be in sports or extra activities, but I have learned to pick up on the vibe when we are feeling overwhelmed as a family.  Less is more!



What about you, what are some things you are focusing on this month? Do you have a hard time saying no too?

6 comments:

  1. Learning to say No is tough! Good luck with your new MRTT group- I have been tossing around the idea myself! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is, but I am getting better at it. I am so glad I did, the ladies are amazing. Go for it, you won't be sorry! Have a great rest of the week!

      Delete
  2. That is so awesome that you started an MRTT chapter! I have a walking/running group that I run but have only had about 4 people show up as well. It is hard to coordinate with everyone but I still have a lot of fun doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with your MRTT group. That will be very rewarding! I am getting better at saying no to things. I used to say yes to everything, my husband likes to say no, so now we balance each other out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michele! It is something that is so hard at time but worth it! Helps when you have a spouse to balance you out :)

      Delete