Monday, August 25, 2014

OneBar Product Review

Last month I had the privilege of trying the OneBar in all three flavors, cherry, mango, and apple.


Disclaimer: I was not paid to write this review. I won three boxes of the bars. All comments are my own opinion.

The boxes came at the perfect time, the day before our long road trip to Chicago. It was a great snacking option and everyone liked them. Each bar is one serving of pure fruit and contains no artificial sweeteners or colors. With added fiber, OneBar is also enriched with baobab, an African super-fruit.


What is baobab fruit?

Baobab is an African fruit, new to the U.S., yet health properties have been known in Africa for centuries, especially for nursing mothers. It is high in antioxidants, Vitamin C, Vitamin B-Complex, and essential minerals. It is fair-trade sources, recognized as an ecologically sustainable form of land use n Africa.

To see how baobab compares to other foods in calcium, Vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, and zinc content, go here.
  
Graph courtesy of www.powbab.com
 
 
 I loved the flavors of the mango and cherry OneBars the best, and so did my family. The cherry bars tasted mildly tart and not too sweet. The mango bars were down right delicious! The apple bars tasted okay. There was an unusual but not a bad after taste. My family left those bars for me, but I didn't mind.


OneBar has no added sugars, is gluten-free and peanut-free, and is vegan. For an ingredient breakdown for each flavor, go here.  They are sold individually for $.99 per bar or in boxes of 12 for $11.88.

 Have you ever tried a OneBar? Have you ever heard of baobab?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment