Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Behind the Scenes: Writing Tour

The closer it gets to school, the faster time seems to fly. There is so much to do and I can't seem to shake this crud. I haven't been able to train much, but maybe my body needed the break. I can't wait to get back to training full time.

In other news, do you follow Michele's blog over at A Pace of Balance. You should. She is a Navy Veteran, and a mother trying to balance fitness and life. She was kind enough to choose me for a Behind the Scenes Tour of my writing process.



What I must do:
- Acknowledge the blogger/blog that invited you to the Tour.
– Answer some questions about your blogging process
– Choose 3 bloggers to plug, give a short bio of the blogs and link to their sites.
 
1. What am I working on?
I am currently working on a few posts for my blog and my first post for Girls Gone Sporty. They deal with nutrition/running fuel for runners. I also need to do a recap of my training so far.
2. How does my work differ from others of its type/genre? 
My work is not much different. My posts are mostly about trying to balance running and training while being a mother and wife. What makes me different from some blogs is that I have a background in nutrition and that I know the ins and outs of fad diets. I have done several case studies for athletes so once I get certified as a Health Coach, I can start offering more advice.

 
3. Why do I write what I do?
My goal is to help inspire others. As a mother, I know and have seen how important it is for mothers to take care of themselves and to be active. I am very passionate that running can have more than physical benefits. Nutrition is also just as important in the way we feel. I want to help encourage my readers to live a full and healthy life.
4. How does  my writing process work?
I keep a small notebook where I write down my ideas. Many blog posts start forming in my head while I run. I may get inspiration from reading others blogs but my writing process is mostly unorganized. I also get ideas from my old case studies, my training, Runner's World, or questions I get asked. I "try" to have a calendar where I schedule different posts, especially around holidays or special events. Some times I can come up with ideas easily while other days I can't think of anything. Its not always glamorous in the blogging world, but I love what I do!

Now time for the nominees...

Amber @Fit Foodie Runs: A stay at home mother, homeschooler, runner, and food lover (healthy).

Maria from @Lil Mys Ninja: Maria is a runner, loves dogs and fostering pups, loves riding motorcycles, and runs with Team RWB (Red, White, Blue). She is also a shorty like me :).

Tiffany AKA Running Hutch @Matters of Course: She is a certified running coach who uses her humor to write about running lessons she has learned, products, races, training, and about food she has eaten.

If you are a blogger, where do you get your inspirations from? Do you have a schedule where you write down your ideas?
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love reading about how others writing process works! I also have ideas spark randomly and have a notebook to write them down for safe keeping. I find that I am most inspired to write when I am running or when I am in the shower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, or when Its a very inconvenient time to write down the ideas such as going to sleep :)

      Delete