Wednesday, June 4, 2014

National Running Day: I Run to Overcome!

Happy National Running Day!

It is amazing how something like running can change your mood, your outlook on life, and help you refocus your energy. Running has empowered me. While I run because it makes me feel physically strong, it also helps me feel mentally and emotionally stronger. I believe that being able to run is a gift from God to help me get through some of the darkest times in my life. As a mother, I not only run for myself, I run for my family.  Running helped me hold myself together, and to be there for my family.



Running has also taught me so many lessons. My running has also hopefully inspired and taught my children many lessons as well that I wrote about here.



What ever your reasons are for running, you are running for your life. How has running helped you?

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I can relate. Running just keeps me sane, makes me stronger mentally and physically, and just keeps me happy!

    ReplyDelete