Monday, May 5, 2014

Woman's Conference and Team EAS

What a busy but wonderful weekend! I am posting a bit late since the weekend flew by! On Saturday, I was able (blessed) to teach two classes about fitness/health at the women's conference at my church. The turn out surprised me and I had to cram more chairs into the classroom! I taught about Spiritual and Physical Nurturing which encompasses nutrition, spiritual, physical, mental, and emotional nurturing. Woman are nurturers by nature and do some many things for others, that we often neglect ourselves. We put our physical "home" on the back burner! I was nervous about teaching the classes, but the feedback was amazing!




Since I am a Sweat Pink Ambassador, I was able to give away almost 50 pairs of pink shoelaces! This is a before picture. During both sessions, we were almost busting outside the classroom!


This weekend, I also received my welcome packet and coupons from Team EAS (sorry for the poor photo quality, I have been having issues with my phone). I am a big fan of their products. Their protein drinks are some of the best tasting and I have tried almost every brand! I had just ran out of protein powder, so I was so excited to have free samples of their Lean 15 Protein powder in Vanilla Cream. It tastes amazing mixed with milk and feels you up without a lot of extra calories (I was not paid or endorsed in any way to brag about their product, I have just been using it off and on for a LONG time). The kit also came with a cinch bag and a shaker bottle.

I also finally used my gift card this weekend to Hibbetts Sports, that my wonderful husband gave me on my birthday. After that I went on a long run. I have been running regularly but not really training for a half. There is a half marathon on Memorial Day weekend that I was going to run with my cousin. I did not think she was still interested in running it since it is going to be a busy weekend for us both. I had stopped training for it and had scratched it off my list. This weekend she let me know that she had in fact registered for it! So let the training begin, again! I was supposed to run 11 miles but cut it short at 10 miles since I was severely dehydrated and getting heat stroke. I drank a large bottle of water, two bottles of PowerAde and took Sports Beans; but I could not break a sweat and felt like death warned over with lots of goose bumps from head to toe. I had to walk a few times, but I got it done and I didn't die! I really should hydrate better!

Overall, it was a great weekend. If anyone is interested in what I taught, please let me know and I can email you the handout and a copy of my notes.

Until next time... Run, Focus, Overcome - Michelle

6 comments:

  1. What a fun filled weekend! I wish I could say the same for mine. You should take pictures of their samples next time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I should of taken pictures of just the sample themselves as well. It is hard to see what the samples looked like in the box. I was having problems with my phone. I would take more but the samples are gone, they are great for breakfast :)

      Delete
  2. I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check out my blog here: http://faithandmargaritas.blogspot.com/2014/05/its-honor-just-to-be-nominated.html. I can't wait to read your answers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, but I was already nominated last week :)

      Delete