Monday, May 19, 2014

Third Half Taper

And the taper begins... Next weekend will mark my third half marathon. I will be running with my cousin. It will be her first and I can't wait.



I have something new I am running with and so far I love it! Stay tuned for the product review after I try it out for the ultimate test, my race.

My last long run went pretty well except for the first part. I was running the trail loop near the community college. It was a beautiful day so there were lots of people on the trail. I was running the first loop when I came across a mother and her children who informed me of the large poisonous snake ahead! Eeek, I hate snakes, so I turned tail and ran the other way. Apparently the snake finally went away because I was informed later on that it wasn't there. What a relief, but I ran down the center of the path the rest of the 6 miles. You never know what is lurking in the tall grass by the trail. I also eyeballed every twig and branch on the path to make sure it wasn't something else!

How was your weekend? Anyone training for a race?

4 comments:

  1. Happy tapering! I hope you have a great race :)
    I ran a half marathon yesterday and now I am on a little racing break until the fall.
    Karen @karenlovestorun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Tapering!!!! I am too - I can't wait to read your recap. Enjoy the break :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber! For some reason I really like the taper :)

      Delete