Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Things I Am Loving This Week

I wanted to share with you some things I am loving this week. But before I do that, I wanted to say that it was an honor to be featured as the Mom-spiration last week over at MyFitFamily. Thanks again Nicole!

And here is what I am loving this week!

1. Taper week

 
I actually love taper week because I get to enjoy running again without worrying about time or mileage. There is this beautiful wood chip trail behind the community center. It is only 0.8 of a mile  but I have been running loops this week to take it easy on my joints. It is a great place to get away from it all.

2. EAS Lean Shakes To Go


These shakes are great for on the go, especially on busy days! They also work wonderful to quench that hunger in-between meals. At only 100 calories, they are not meant for meal replacements. Chocolate Fudge tastes yummy but my favorite is Vanilla Cream! Guilt-free snaking and my kids enjoy them too!

3. Asics Women's Socks, Intensity Low Cut

 
I had to break down and buy some new running socks. The other pairs were wearing thin and causing blisters. I have had no problems with these socks so far, and they are very soft and comfortable. The double tab ankle fit keep them from riding down  like the other socks did. The arch support band provides improved comfort and fit while the mesh knit creates moisture control.

4. Homemade Protein Energy Balls

 


My whole family loves energy balls. I make them with what ever I have on hand. I even added in some of my husbands Cookies and Cream protein powder for an extra kick this time. You can add just about anything you want. I have added toasted coconut, oatmeal, walnuts, and dried cherries or blueberries as well. Honey works best and is less sticky than aquave nectar. I have never added protein powder before and was afraid they would be turn out too dry, but they weren't. The kids approved! Plus the added protein keeps them fuller longer.



5. Pop-top Spout


I am usually a big snob when it comes to my olive oil. I typically only buy name brand (having had lived in Sicily for three years, will do that to you). My husband brought this bottle home the other day. When I opened the cap, there was a surprise, a pop-up spout! It made drizzling olive oil over my salad and chicken so much easier with less waste! Its funny how something that small will make you feel like you are in heaven!

Hope you enjoyed my list. What are some things your really enjoying this week? - Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment