Saturday, May 31, 2014

Ramblings And a Discount Code


Yahoo! I am getting my weekend post done early!

I dropped my two oldest children off for church camp in Friday. Then my youngest went to spend the night with her Aunt and Uncle. The husband and I decided to make it a stay at home date. It was so relaxing and just what we needed. We ordered pizza, cuddled on the couch, and watched our TV series "Being Human" on Netflix. It was nice to not have to keep the volume down. I may have also gorged my self on pizza. I am a sucker for carbs! But hey, it had Canadian bacon instead of pepperoni, and was topped with spinach, tomatoes, and onions!



I went for a nice run today. I had a couple of young boys and their sister start running with me part of the way to the dismay of their parents. I didn't mind because they were asking me running questions. They were fascinated ( I  think the youngest was training to hit on me) and wanted to know more. How long have I been running? How many laps was I doing? After almost a quarter mile, there parents called them back, but they made a point in saying hi every time I passed them on the loops (ran the 1.25 loop near the local community college).

I have a long run planned for after church tomorrow. So far I have completed 162.2 miles out of the 500 miles. I have had to take a few days off more than I wanted, but I am getting there. The miles will started adding up a lot faster after June 28th, when I start training for my next half marathon. I like to take some time off after I race and run just for fun. It helps me refocus and prevents injury.


This race is extra special. It will be my second year running it and it was my first half ever. It is a challenging course but I am hoping for a serious PR.

Also, I wanted to quickly point out that Swirlgear is putting on a pretty sweet sale  of 60 % on select long sleeves and two hoodies while supplies last. Shirts are going fast! As a Swirlgear Brand Ambassador, I can offer you a discount code to use on all non-clearance items. Use code  swirlon at checkout to receive free ground shipping. I can personally say that the shirts are sweat wicking and very light and comfortable.




What races are you training for or do you just run for fun? Have you heard of Swirlgear? Stock up on long sleeves for next winter, Christmas gifts, etc.

4 comments:

  1. You are going to rock it! I can't wait to hear all about your race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amber! I can't wait to run it, I am going to try to incorporate more cross-training to see if it helps my time.

      Delete
  2. Great progress on the 500 mile club! I'm actually kinda jealous. While everyone is out there running and hitting mileage goals, I'm stuck at home not running because of my stupid heel pain. Hopefully the doc can shed light on the source tomorrow morning. Until then, I'll live vicariously through my fav fellow runners. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria! I hope that you can begin running again soon! I will run a little extra for you this week :)

      Delete