Monday, May 12, 2014

I Am Mom. See Me Run!

What did I ever do to deserve my three wonderful blessings! Because of them I am honored to be called mommy! This Mother's Day was absolutely wonderful! After church, I took a much needed and long nap while my husband and children cleaned house. I may or may not of let my house go this week with all the homework and flurry of activities :( . Then he dropped me off so I could run 12 miles while they went errand shopping.

Picture found via Pinterest. Original source unknown (to me).

I started off slow and kept a steady pace. It was very warm, and I did get goosebumps all over my arms, but I was sweating this time so I wasn't worried. My knees were hurting at first so I stopped to stretch some more. It was probably not smart to jump into running the longer distances so quickly, so I am trying to take it easy. It turned out to be my best long run so far. Bam! 111.1 miles completed out of 500 for the 500 Mile Club. I just need to make sure I continue to stay well hydrated as the weather gets warmer, I sweat a ton!


My family came back early so they got to see my trudge on by for one more mile.  I went home and leisurely took a shower and then some family came over to celebrate Mother's Day. I have not been able to relax this much since forever and it felt good to not do anything! It was also extra special, since my beautiful  sister-in-law is due to have her baby boy in seven weeks and I can't wait to see him. This was her first Mother's Day!

There will be another blog posted later today. This past week I was nominated for another Liebster Award. Instead of nominating 10 people this time around, I will just be answering her questions and link back to her blog so you can check her out. There will also be another product review later this week. Stay tuned!

Love your run!

6 comments:

  1. Great post. I love that picture at the top about Moms. Way to go on getting those miles in. You are rockin' it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 500 miles in 180 days, you are awesome. Sounds like a fantastic Mother's Day! Mine was pretty low key, but low key is good. It means we aren't running around like crazy like we usually do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was! I love low key, I function better that way :)

      Delete
  3. So glad to see that you had a wonderful Mother's Day! :) Great job on your work towards that 500 mile club!

    ReplyDelete