Monday, May 12, 2014

Another Liebster Award Nomination

I have been nominated for another Liebster Award! This time I was nominated by Kristen @ Faith and Margaritas. Thank you Kristen!


Since this is my second post today and I just recently wrote a post about it last week,  I am just answering the questions and not nominating anybody this time around.

Here are my answers.

1. If you could travel anywhere in the world for free, where would it be? I would love to visit Greece one day.
2. What race or fitness challenge is at the top of your bucket list? I would love to do the Runner’s World Heart Breaker Half Marathon and a Disney half marathon someday. I have a scheduled 10K trail run for later this year. It will be my first trail race.
3. What is the best race or fitness challenge you've done? So far the best fitness challenge I have accomplished is running two half-marathons. My first half was mostly hilly so that was a big challenge. Also training during the winter was really hard; especially running in 17° with wind chill that is in the negatives or trudging through snow mounds (our city has few sidewalks and they do not bother to shovel during the winter). Running long runs during the peak of summer also has challenges of its own.
4. What is your favorite junk food? Chips and cheese are my ultimate comfort food.
5. What are your hobbies outside of work and blogging? I am a college student and mother to three precious children. Besides blogging, I only have time for running and occasionally lifting weights. I would love to be able to read books again.
6. Do you prefer to work out in the morning or evening? I am not a morning person but I don’t like working out too late. Late afternoon is my favorite time.
7. What is your biggest piece of race/competition advice? Do not forget to have fun and trust your training. The biggest problem runners can face on race day is the mental mind game that can sabotage their time, efforts, and will power.


8. What's the first thing you check on your phone every morning? Facebook updates for my Onemoremile page.
9. What's the last thing you check on your phone every night? Same as #8 or Pinterest :)
10. What song gets you excited to take on the next race/fitness challenge? I do not listen to music while I run but listening to good music gets me ready to tackle the run. It really depends on what kind of mood I am in that day. I love to listen to a variety of music. “We are brave” by Shawn McDonald is a fun song that peps me up.  I am not sure how good the tempo would be to run to though.

4 comments:

  1. Great answers! You're super busy! I would love to go to Greece someday too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I nominated you too. You can check out my blog post here: http://thebalanceofus.blogspot.com/2014/05/i-got-what-whats-liebster.html If you want to answer the questions, feel free. I won't be offended if you don't, I know everyone is nominating everyone ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Priscilla. I think two is enough for me right now :) Thanks so much!

      Delete