Monday, April 21, 2014

Running, A Mother's Sanity Saver

What a busy weekend! Three soccer games, soccer pictures, family get-together, college homework, and church; when does a busy mom find time to run?!? I find that I have to make my health and sanity a priority so that I can be a better mom and have more energy to keep up with our hectic schedule. Its important for moms to make time for them selves, its not selfish. This shirt is how I view running. I seriously need to buy this shirt. If I don't run,  I feel like Doctor Jekyll/Hyde. Any one else feel this way?

 


I managed to get some good runs in this weekend! Good thing too, since I am low on the totem pole with my mileage. 50 miles out of 500 completed. The 500 Mile Club started on April 1st, so my mileage so far reflects my taper before the half marathon and my recovery week after. With 180 days to complete my 500 miles, I am sure I can catch up!

With another busy week ahead (when is it never busy) and some important deadlines coming up, I will gladly look forward to my runs to help clear my mind. Stay tuned for a special post coming in the near future! I will be speaking in my church's women conference on May 3rd about health and fitness. I am so excited!
 
Until next time... Love your run!

4 comments:

  1. Haha, totally can relate!!! As a busy mom - full time worker, full time college student, marathon training, three boys in sports and activities - my running time helps keep my head straight and to just have some time to clear my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's awesome! How do you find time to train for a full?

      Delete
  2. I love that shirt! That is a great challenge too! I have no doubt you will finish it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, I think I may hint at my husband to buy that shirt for me for Mother's Day :)

      Delete