Sunday, April 27, 2014

Run For Your Life

As I sulked, feeling sorry for myself, sore, tired, frazzled, vulnerable, and bloated from eating like crap to console myself from my long and stressful week, while soaking in a bubble bath and looking at running motivation from Pinterest on my phone; I came to a conclusion. Instead of feeling this way, I was going to go for a run. It was not going to let life beat me down and keep me there. I run as therapy, and as a way to remind myself that I am an overcomer. So even though it was time to start getting everyone ready to go to bed, I said good-bye to my husband and three children and went for a much needed run.
(Found this on Pinterest)
While running, I decided it was time to re-evaluate my short and long term goals.

Short Term
Run a half marathon with my husband (Check!)
Become a Sweat Pink Ambassador (Check!)
Become a Girls Gone Sporty Ambassador (Check!)
Take 7 minutes off my half marathon time
Start a blog (Check!)
Race in a trail run (Coming up in November)
Try to look for the good even in bad situations!

Long Term Goals
Get my Bachelors in Nutrition Science (Check!)
Increase my blog traffic (ongoing)
Grow my affiliate business
Grow my Facebook traffic (ongoing)
Become a certified running coach
Start a running club for mothers
Finish my Masters in Public Heath Education (on going, but on the fence about this one since there are several other directions that I want to/are ready to pursue)
Become a health coach or a Sports Nutritionist
Enjoy life more!


My beautiful children! Three of the many reasons why I run!

Run, Focus, Overcome.

8 comments:

  1. This is great inspiration to run- as I'm training for a 5k and struggling- and to reevaluate my goals! Thanks! Also, it looks like we have similar goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, Sometimes it is hard and you just have to take one day at a time. Don't get discouraged, you can do it!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Jennifer! Its always an ongoing process.

      Delete
  3. Love it! When life beats you down, put on your running shoes!
    Great progress on the goals. We have quite a few in common. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Progress on your goals so far! It's always great motivation to have something to work towards.

    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check out the link to my blog post for instructions on what you need to do! :)
    http://laurafat2fit.blogspot.com/2014/04/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura, that was very generous of you! I will check it out tomorrow.

      Delete