Monday, March 31, 2014

Seek and Ye Shall Find... A Good Place to Run


Due to our schedules, I only get to run with my husband twice a week. We sometimes get to do our resistance training together in our down stairs gym. We run on Wednesday, and every Sunday after church is designated for long runs together. This Sunday was no exception.   We threw on our new shirts custom made through Onemoremile’s shop in Zazzle, which had just come in the mail. A little long but so soft and comfy!
 

We dropped the kids off with the grandparents and headed to Nathaniel Green Park (in the neighboring city) where we just started running at during our long runs.   It will really pretty and there are a lot of paths/trails to take. At first it turned out challenging just to be able to start running! It was such a beautiful day outside, so everyone else had the same idea! There was not a single parking spot left and there was literally a line of cars trying to find any open spot.

We decided to go to the Nature Center. Parking was the same there but we were fortunate to catch someone leaving; so we snagged their spot. We decided to make a pit stop. While waiting in line in the restroom, I noticed a sign posted on the bulletin board regarding running/jogging on the trails. Apparently, there are designated running /jogging times, and Sunday was not even a day that allowed it! Really!?!  Also, group runs were not allowed at any time! It was back to square one for us.  Did I mention that the city that I live in is not runner friendly? There is a small trail behind the community center along the river, a 1.25 mile scenic trail at the community college, and very few sidewalks (none in my neighborhood)! We ended up running our 12 miles on a 1.25 mile loop. Talk about the mental mind game, especially at mile 10! But we did it and the weather was perfect, warm with a slight breeze! Overcome and run baby!



I am so happy to be training with my husband! It is his first and my second half marathon. Training has had its ups and downs, but it has never been boring. Training during the winter is different than training during the summer, and my husband has supported and encouraged me, every step of the way! I hope you love your run! To everyone training for a race, don’t give up, you’ve got this! – Michelle

 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That does take mental stamina. I can't believe there are designated running times?! That doesn't even seem like it should be allowed. Good job getting it done and that is sweet that you run with your husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?!? I think it may be a new rule, I have never ran there before.

      Delete