Thursday, March 6, 2014

8 Miles IN 8°

ATTENTION: SAPPY ALERT, and a little bit of rambling! I am writing my blog a little earlier this week because I can't wait to tell you how much of an inspiration my husband has been to me and running. This has been such a long winter and my motivation has been dwindling big time! If it wasn't for my husband, I am not sure  I would drag myself outside to run in the freezing weather. I would be a wimp and run on the treadmill instead, only to whine about having to run on the treadmill.

 
(or in my case a half-marathon, and during the winter)
 
Last weekend we had a bad winter storm come through. The roads where icy and all activities where cancelled. That was the day of our long run. The grandparents were going to watch the kids, and we were going to go run together. That did not happen, so I ran 8 miles on the treadmill! The longest I have ever ran on a treadmill, thanks Netflix for getting me through! My husband braved the roads and went running that night in the frigid 8° and sleet. 8 miles in 8°! When I asked how he did it, he said he was fueled by sports beans and inspiration from me running 8 miles on the treadmill! He was truly an inspiration to me with his dedication and resilience! I made sure to let our kids know that daddy was "Super Man," because in my eyes and theirs, he is!

 

 
Who inspires you? Do you inspire others?


 

 

 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment